Two-Day Festival Celebrating The Best Artisanal Gelato In North America Announces Show Cooking Demos From Los Angeles' Top Chefs. Giadzy x Gelato Festival Collaboration To Be Served Exclusively At Event
Gelato Festival World Masters (GFWM), the most prestigious gelato tournament in the world, announces the addition of an esteemed roster of guest chefs to the festival's main stage entertainment. Along with strategic partners Carpigiani and Sigep - Italian Exhibition Group, Gelato Festival World Masters will host the one-of-a-kind event on September 2nd and 3rd, 2023 at venue partner Ovation Hollywood in Hollywood, CA. Guests will experience 12 skilled gelato masters competing for the title of the Best Gelato Master in North America 2023 in the Tasting Village, an exciting lineup of live demonstrations by Los Angeles' Top Chefs plus courses by the world renowned Frozen Dessert University on the Main Stage, a dizzying array of gelato samples (including gluten-free and lactose-free options) at the Gelato Festival Flagship Store, live entertainment, and more. Los Angeles magazine is the official Media Partner.
Live culinary demonstrations from some of LA's most celebrated chefs and pastry masters have been added to the festival schedule, where the chefs will indulge audiences in the crafting of signature sweet or savory treats, paired alongside the finest gelato. Confirmed thus far to join the event's main stage are: Executive Pastry Chef Riccardo Menicucci (Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel), Executive Pastry Chef Natalie Alcaraz (Wally's Wine & Spirits), Executive Chef Charly Houegban (Loews Hollywood Hotel), Executive Chef J.P. Amateau (Musso & Frank), Corporate Executive Chef Giuseppe Gentile (L'antica Pizzeria da Michele) and Executive Chef Diana Briscoe (Gracias Madre), and Chef Daniele Palazzoni (Gelato Festival). More chefs will be announced via social media and on the Gelato Festival World Masters website.
Also announced at LA's sweetest Labor Day event is the world-wide exclusive opportunity to taste and purchase (by the pint) Giada De Laurentiis' Giadzy x Gelato Festival collaboration's Lemon Ricotta gelato. Notably the celebrity chef's favorite gelato brand, Gelato Festival recently partnered with Giada to create a new fan-voted favorite gelato flavor - Lemon Ricotta - which will be offered at the Gelato Festival Flagship Store during the Festival.
MAIN STAGE SHOW COOKING SCHEDULE:
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am - Executive Pastry Chef Riccardo Menicucci from Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel presenting "A Nostalgic Journey" (Old-fashioned flavors of a PB&J sandwich)
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Executive Pastry Chef Natalie Alcaraz from Wally's Wine & Spirits presenting "Natalie's Sweets" (Sesame Seed Hazelnut Sundae, White and Black Sesame Seed Tuile, Coffee Mascarpone Mousse, Nutella, and Hazelnut Gelato. Contains Dairy and Nuts. Gluten free)
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm - Executive Chef Charly Houegban from Loews Hollywood Hotel presenting "Strawberry Caprese Salad" (A refreshing salad bringing together the flavors of the season, featuring fragrant strawberries, baby heirloom tomatoes, and a rich Burrata cheese topped with housemade basil oil and Gelato Festival's own Hibiscus-Ginger Sorbet)
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Chef Daniele Palazzoni from Gelato Festival presenting "Vanilla Gelato Zero" (An indulgent low-calorie completely new formulation of Gelatos, available as dairy or plant-based)
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Executive Chef J.P. Amateau from Musso & Frank presenting "The 1919 Sundae" (A take on Bananas Foster, with homemade peanut brittle, caramelized banana and mango sauce on top of vanilla gelato)
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Silikomart and Chef Alberto Facchin presenting "Gelato as you've never seen it" (Explore the world of gelato and semifreddo making, diving into the theories and practices of mastering the art of below-zero pastry making)
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm - Corporate Executive Chef Giuseppe Gentile from Antica Pizzeria Da Michele presenting "Gnocco fritto alla gianduia" (Sweet deep fried pizza dough with Gianduia Stracciatella Organic Oat gelato (cocoa and hazelnut oat gelato with chocolate chips), hazelnut crumble and sugar coating. Vegan-friendly)
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm - Executive Chef Diana Briscoe from Gracias Madre presenting "Churros" (Churros with chipotle-spiked Mexican chocolate sauce for dipping and vegan vanilla oat gelato. Vegan-friendly)
- 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Chef Daniele Palazzoni from Gelato Festival presenting "Chocolate Gelato Zero" (An indulgent low-calorie completely new formulation of Gelatos, available as dairy or plant-based)
September 2 & 3
- Carpigiani's Frozen Dessert University - Carpigiani will present their introductory frozen dessert business course for all attendees: "Frozen Dessert Business: Transform Your Life with Sweet Success". This presentation offers entrepreneurs expert essential tips on how to build and grow a thriving frozen dessert business.
The Gelato Festival World Masters in Los Angeles will showcase the best artisanal gelato craftsmanship in North America highlighting 12 chefs who have won top marks in previous Gelato Festival World Masters sanctioned events in NYC, Toronto, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Each competing chef will be judged by a technical panel of professionals and by festival attendees. The Gelato Festival World Masters in Los Angeles will also serve as a core qualifying competition with the winners earning the chance to represent North America on the road to the World Finals in 2025. Below are the 12 competitors and their flavors in competition:
- Giuseppe Lollino of Vero Gelato in Franklin Park, IL - 'Tribute to Setteveli'
- Maria Liliana Biondo of uGOgelato in Cincinnati, OH - 'Mandorland'
- Lauren Brock of Butterfat Gelato in Pittsburgh, PA - 'Carrot Cake'
- James Coleridge of Gelato by James in Vancouver (Canada) - 'Texas Pecan with Italian Soul'
- Gisella Zomparelli-Chung of Gelato North in Toronto (Canada) - 'Yuzu Cheesecake'
- Gabriele di Marco of Oretta Restaurant Toronto in Toronto (Canada) - 'Sapori di Sicilia'
- Patrizia Pasqualetti of Gelato by Patrizia Pasqualetti in Santa Clara, CA - 'California Blossom'
- Jose Alvarez of Gelato Go El Segundo in El Segundo, CA - 'Red Velvet'
- Simona Vacca of Il Gusto in West Covina, CA - 'Saffron Rosegarden'
- Melanie Wolf of Pompelmo Gelateria of Westerly, RI - 'Taste the Tropics'
- Francia Michelle Magsaysay of Francy's Artisanal Ice Cream in Bergenfield, NJ - 'Purple yam and Cheese with Craquantes'
- Golan Chetrit of Noi Due Gelato in New York City, NY - 'Halva Nagila'